Archive

Tuesday, August 4, 2009


6/02/09
hello,
I finally figured out how to use the email system over here.
This last week was fantastic! Thank you for everyone who
wrote me back :) So every few days we do what is called
a 'Milestone' which is when my companion and i teach a lesson
to a mock investigator and our teacher Brother cook records
and takes notes of how well we are doing. Its actually a
really great learning too. We have one tomorrow on the plan
of salvation.. pretty exciting :) We also went OYM tracting
yesterday!! wow! basically we all took a train to a different
part in England and we walked around and talk to everyone
about the gospel. my area was Preston.. and we started right
away. Sister Styles and I talked to a man and a woman
(co-workers) while on the train.. went fairly well. But then
it got tough!! man! everyone left and right.. no.. no...no..
but finally we came across a young lady who was christian so
she was excited to discuss our similar believes. We talked
for a while and taught her about prophets and the restoration
through Joseph Smith.. she wasn't too sure about that but she
liked the plan of salvation.. she ended up just thanking us
and continuing on her way. Then after a while we came across
an older gentle man sitting on a park bench all by himself..
I looked at sister Styles and said.. 'that's the one' (now
just so you know where we are.. i was standing right were
Heber
C Kimball first taught the gospel in Preston.. we were
only about 10 minutes away from the River Ribble.. it was
amazing to be there in person.. and know that i was doing
what he did at one time) so we walked up to him and he had the
strongest accent ever! but i understood him for the most part..
I'm glad my comp. understood him better than i did though. So
we talked for a little to get to know him.. i felt so bad for
him. He didn't care about life at all, he was ready to die and
his wife had already passed on and i think he was being
sarcastic but he said he didn't even really like seeing his
children more than once in a couple months. So we taught and
testified to him about Heavenly Father and that he does have
this amazing plan for us and that there is importance in
life. And we touched a little on the Plan of Salvation. He
kept interrupting us while talking so it took quite a while
to get our lesson across but slowly my comp and i could tell
his heart was beginning to soften. We did leave him a card
with a picture of the temple and told him to call for more
information.. but i know that the spirit was there and that
the things we testified were true and hopefully one day
before he passes on her will feel that what we said was true.
So overall it was Tough! but i loved it and in the end i still
know that the church is true and that we have a reason for
being here. I love that.. its an amazing feeling. We get to go
out again on Thursday and do the same. Not too sure as to where
we are going yet. Um... We went to the temple again today!!
amazing! the spirit was so strong and i could feel Love all
around us. The devotionals we have been having have
strengthened me more than i could imagine! I have about 8 more
days in the MTC and then i will be taking off for London South.
Sister Smith and sister Styles are also going with me and
about 4 other Elders. I'm short on time.. so I'll try posting
some pictures.. and i will try to write some hand written
letters soon. Dad: thanks for writing me back.. did you get my
letter??? also can i get the kehoes address? and if you can
figure out how to get sister arringtons address as well :) Myrna!
I'm so happy to hear that my email made your day! the Lord truly
did inspire me to write you :) i hope everything is going well..
tell everyone hello for me and can you send me your address so
i can send you something to share with Lowes?? thanks Steve! I'm
going to write you a hand written letter to respond. love ya
tons Yvonne, thanks for writing me too! I'm having an amazing
time.. learning tons and yes writing in my journal when ever i
get the chance to do so. I'm going to try and write another hand
written one soon.. i hope you received my first one.. you and dad
didn't say anything about getting it. Well i love you all.. hope
all is well. and write me when you can.. also i should be able to
update my blog once i get into the field.. :)

love always
sister Meredith

No comments:

Voting