Archive

Saturday, May 2, 2009

~Florida~






My brother steven flew me out for a visit on friday. I took off from Ontario at 645am and landed in Atlanta Georgia around 2 their time (they are three hours ahead of us). Then i had a nice long wait in the airport until my 505pm flight to jacksonville Florida, which was only about 42 minutes long [nice and short :) ] Luckily i was able to chat with some friends to keep my sane while waiting. (thanks carla krystal and zeb) When i got to Florida i was amazed at how beautiful it was!! Flat but beautiful. There are green trees everywhere of every type and tons of lakes and rivers!!! how cool!! turn the corner and there is a lake.. turn again and a huge rushing river dividing towns! love it. It was hot though!!! agh. which im a bit more use to now. I grabbed some lunch with steve and then headed for home. Its a pretty cute brick house, and Elena and Rory were waiting for me at the door. We right away went for a little walk around the neighborhood. (so pleasant and peaceful) Soon after the kids departed to the beds and steve, la and i played 'Posiden' or however you spell it. Fun game, i almost won but steve snuck in there and sunk me and stole the win. Then i was left to attempt to sleep while still being three hours behind in my sleeping patterns.. grr so i fell asleep around uh 12 or so knowing the kids would wake me around 7-8 which would be 4-5am to me :( sad. But i survived.
So today.. breakfast and then off to the beach!! what a hot day! the beach is way different though.. first time to the atlantic ocean. The sand isnt really sand, it was more like broken shells (tough on the feet). Then after some fun time there we went for a hike. It was quite wonderful. I got some really nice pictures of nature and family... and we saw some cool animals. Infact we almost got eaten by a deer leaping from the bushes in front of us!!hahahah run away! After returning home from our adventure we showered and took naps... o and checked each other for ticks!!! hahaha reminded me of that country song. Then before dinner we went for a nice bikeride.. loved it, havent been riding in a long time. Over all great day, La and Steve leave for their cruis tomorrow and then its just me and the kids for 4 days... hope things go well.

until then....
<3

1 comment:

In The Doghouse said...

Sounds like a grand adventure! Have an enjoyable time with your family. I know what you mean about the beaches though! Not quite the same as the beautiful sand we have here.

Voting